Junk Removal and Demolition Contract 1
Here is an example contract we used for a customer in Houston on a medium sized junk removal and interior demolition we performed. We are not lawyers, this is only to serve as an example to display some the concerns you need to address when communicating higher dollar trash outs and small scale demo projects with your customers
This contract made and entered into this date _________ by and between Customer name LLC (name of owner of the business), herein after referred to as the customer, and Your Company LLC (owned by Your Name), herein after referred to as the contractor, wherein the contractor agrees to make necessary junk removal and demolition at the property located at Property Address City and Zip and owned by the customer. The work outlined should take about 2-3 days after work has begun.
The contractor will undertake the following responsibilities, junk removal and demolition work related to these areas of the house:
- Removal of all furniture, appliances, clothes, food, household trash, garage junk, and attic junk from within the house, and from within the backyard shed.
- Removal of all trash, deck boards, low garden fencing, lumber, picnic table, and shelving from the back yard.
- Removal of all loose bricks from the back yard, side yard, front yard (on both sides of front door), and garage.
- Demolition and removal of all kitchen cabinets and counters, including the sink, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Dishwasher and sink garbage disposal wires will be capped off. Please note that it is not always possible to keep the sheet rock behind cabinetry intact and in good condition when removing cabinets/counters, and we do not take financial responsibility for damage that may occur.
- Removal of the kitchen floor roll out vinyl. Please note that we will NOT be scraping up or using solvents to eliminate any glue that may remain after removal.
- Demolition and removal of all bathroom cabinets, bathroom counter tops, bathroom mirrors, and bathroom sinks. Please note that it is not always possible to keep the sheet rock behind cabinetry intact and in good condition when removing cabinets/counters, and we do not take financial responsibility for damage that may occur.
- Demolition and removal of the living room bar, shelving, mirror, and sink.
- Removal of all carpet and padding in the house, including carpet tack boards.
- Removal of blinds and window coverings.
- Removal of all inside doors of the house.
- Disposal of all items listed for removal.
- Date of work will be determined once the customer accepts and signs this contract
- We require unobstructed access of complete driveway area during the clean out as we will have multiple trucks, trailers, and workers. (We need space to maneuver safely without damaging other contractor vehicles or work areas).
For the above mentioned services, the customer will pay the contractor a sum of $ 0 as advance payment in cash, and after completion of the demolition / debris removal work, a sum of $ 2,397.04 ($2,235 plus local sales and use tax) will be paid by the customer via check, or cash the same day the job is completed. We DO NOT invoice customers to get paid at later dates, payment is due upon completion. A receipt will be provided.
Services to be rendered DO NOT include:
- Landscaping or removal of trees, brush, dirt, or grass from the front or backyard.
- Removal of the 9X12X10 backyard shed. The shed can be removed for an additional $450 plus tax.
- Removal of Backyard Swing and Frame. This can be done at no extra fee if desired.
- Removal of any tile.
- Removal of any of the toilets.
- Removal of any tubs.
- Removal of installed light fixtures.
- Please note that we will NOT be scraping up or using solvents to eliminate any glue that may remain after removal of the rolling vinyl floor of the kitchen, or otherwise refinishing the floor.
- Any carpentry, plumbing, painting, or other construction.
- Removal of furniture the customer explicitly marks to be kept at the property. We ask that either an area be designated for the keepers or use of sticky notes/blue tape to mark the items.
- Delivery of items the customer wants to keep to a different location than the job site.
Signature of Customer
Signature of Contractor
Your Name and Date